Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Seaside Lily


Bright day lilies I saw in someone's garden in Cannon Beach inspired this fabric art piece. An article in Quilting Arts magazine featuring Karin Winter's (http://www.karinwinter.com/apps/blog/) fabric art work caught my attention afterwards, so I incorporated her approach here with the lily. My new Bernina made this project a whole lot of fun! Thank goodness for all of those wonderful resources online that guided me through the bias binding with mitered edges! It was an excellent refresher. The purple petals are from fabric designed by my friend, Elizabeth Tipton, who is an amazing artist (www.elizabethtipton.com) and a great inspiration to me in many ways. As soon as possible I am going to mount this piece on a fabric-covered panel for wall art. I've decided now to create three of these so I can practice my technique, hoping to improve each time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so, so beautiful!

Btw, I linked back to your blog from Heron's Snag. Thanks for linking to me!

dgj said...

This is a very pretty piece of work!

Lanahan said...

It's gorgeous! Tim told me about your new Bernina machine--you really know your stuff!

Bethany Worley